Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaBonte207

Big Bugs Are Always Fun

8 posts in this topic

40-50F at night, 80's during the day. Spent a work week up in the country, and mother nature did not disappoint. Got to love the Monday-Friday crowd, ran into maybe 4 other fly guys.  Fishing was excellent early morning and at dusk and good during the day. Dry flies were the answer, anything from size 6 stimulators to size 20 caddis. Nymphs and wet flies produced, but not nearly at the rate dries did. It is rare when all the stars aline for a moment, let alone for multiple days. Cold nights were interesting though, even saw a maple tree starting to turn red.... Won't be long before the fall season gets here...

IMG_1981.JPG

One of my favorite spots to stand in Maine 

IMG_1941.JPG

Sporadic hatches, but when they were buzzing around, it was a sight to see. It's always cool to see a 20"+ salmon leap out of the water to snag a bug. 

IMG_1909.JPG

These sized salmon were prevalent during mornings, evenings, and anytime stones were hatching. Fly selection was not difficult this trip, just the way I like it.  

GL

1 person likes this

My favorite river for dries

Nice...TR and pics..

Nice report!

Troutscout, I was there July 31-Aug 4th. Only spent time at that pool from about 4AM-7 or 8AM a few of the days, stopped by once around mid day just to see what was happening.