Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin McKay

pod casts?

6 posts in this topic

I haven't had time in a while to really know hats going on in pod casts but stuff is coming to a end and I ned some stuff to listen to while at work.

Any thing good out there?

Kevin, I’m a big fan of the Orvis Fly Fishing Guide podcast. I think Tom Rosenbauer has a great way of explaining things and I learn something new every time I listen. 

If you want to listen to some encounter stories, and keep you on your toes while your out in the woods, check out Sasquatch chronicles. It's not one of the shows filled with nut jobs. 

Finally something I have some experience with, as a novice fly fisherman :)

I second the Orvis fly fishing podcast. It has been around for a while so there are plenty of archives to go through. I also appreciate that each episode they spend time doing the "Fly Box," generally discussing a variety of fly fishing topics, not just the featured topic of the show.

Some other fantastic, yet not fishing related, podcasts:

Radiolab, Outside Podcast (cool outdoor survival stories), Revisionist History, Criminal.

Cheers!

Like others have said I listen to the Orvis Fly Fishing podcast. I always learn something and they cover many topics; not to mention Tom interviews some great guests!

Skip fishing podcasts...boring as hell imo. Artie Lange or Adam Corrola. Might have to find Artie's old stuff. Keep you laughing for days.