Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ftyer

Required Maine Fly Fishing Books

5 posts in this topic

So we all know that the season is more or less finished and we're looking at a bit of a waiting game, and I'm wondering if anyone has any essential "Maine" fly fishing/fly tying books (probably hard to be Popovics's books) that help with the winter  season?

In PA, you've got your essentials from Joe Humphreys, George Harvey, Charlie Meck, Ed Shenk, etc, and I'm wondering if Maine has any equivalents. I'd prefer these to be centered around saltwater fly fishing, but I'm open to freshwater as well. 

can't beat John Barr's fly tying book but not salt

If you need to pass the winter look at all the fly tying classes offered by Eldredge Bros

JH Hall, Covergirl and other stories of Maine fly fishermen also True stories of Maine fly fishermen. 

On The Run, Fishing the Flats and Flies of the Northeast. The Moon Brought Up an Acre of Bass too.

I appreciate everyone's responses here. It's hard to beat a good fly fishing book during the downtime. Like I said, popovics has just been blowing my mind with his two books lately, I'd highly suggest checking either of those out if anyone hasn't yet. 

I'll be looking into everyone's suggestions here, I just gotta work through "The Most Important Fish in the Sea" first. And feel free to keep those suggestions coming.