Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zeeflyfisherman

In touch gold vs in touch perception

5 posts in this topic

I’m stuck between the two. Has any one tried both? Thoughts? Opinions? Expirences?

I actually have both of these lines. They are both really great! I really like the perception for fishing dry flies. The Rio Gold is a excellent all around line. You really can't go wrong with the Rio Gold in my opinion.

8 hours ago, McGregor956 said:

I actually have both of these lines. They are both really great! I really like the perception for fishing dry flies. The Rio Gold is a excellent all around line. You really can't go wrong with the Rio Gold in my opinion.

+1 and I think the perception is also a touch better for swinging softhackles

Was a hard core scientific angler flyline fan until I threw a rio Gold on and really loved the feel of that line. I have owned lines from 6 different manufacturers and had multiple types of high end lines from SA and the rio gold is the best floater I've pulled through the guides.

I think I’ll end up getting both Down the road. Both have similar profiles with the perception having a shorter head and taper. Which probably means better shooting and wind resistance, which are the selling points for me. But there’s no doubt that both are top notch lines. Thanks for you help!