Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RAW

Salmon River & Lake O tribs

2 posts in this topic

These reports are from friends fishing since late Sept.  Steelhead and browns were present in tribs from 1st week I Sept with a heavy water cond,  Coho's are plentiful, big and colored up still. .Browns and rainbows have been hot for the past 6 weeks. browns up to 20 lbs. coho's up 18lbs,rainbows all you want in the 5-7 lb range. Steelhead sizes have been smaller. Oswego and the DSR are doing excel.   If you do not know the Salmon River or somebody to take you exactly where the fish are ,go to the DSR. yes its pay(reduced) loaded with fresh fish and cheap when you avg out your trip costs. Pics are being with held to keep traffic low. I have not been out in a 1 1/2 yrs. long trip from here and being 72 is slowing me down. 

Dec. is peak time for fresh steel. Go once and go to spots mentioned and you will be HOOKEDB)

Thanks for the report raw! I'm headed out the week of Xmas for the third trip. Hopefully I'll have a successful trip. The last two trips resulted in a 12 inch steelhead haha. Wish I could go out more than I do. Definitely will help in figuring things out. All I want for xmas is warm weather and good river flows. :D

1 person likes this