5 replies to this topic

#1 flyfishingAD

flyfishingAD

Crayfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

Going in to Bosebuck Camps Friday through Sunday and was wondering how the fishing has been in that area. And, if you wish, what may be the suggested fly of choice?

FlyfishingAD

#2 flychucker

flychucker

Spent Brook Trout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

I think you can infer by the views and no responses that the fishing is decent to good and no one wants to tell you that on an open forum. Stop in at Rangeley Sport shop - Brett will set up you with fly selection. He'll know what's working....
:D

#3 flyfishingAD

flyfishingAD

Crayfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I think you can infer by the views and no responses that the fishing is decent to good and no one wants to tell you that on an open forum. Stop in at Rangeley Sport shop - Brett will set up you with fly selection. He'll know what's working....
:D

Flychucker: Thanks for getting back to me. It is my first time on this particular water and was curious as to how it is fishing. I certainly hope that your theory is correct. Thanks also for the recommendation.

FlyfishingAD

#4 Salmosebago

Salmosebago

Brookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:Trying to kick cancers a**: http://www.pmc.org/profile/CB0114

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

I dare say chucker is right! There is no shortage of good water up that way and caddis rule this time of year. I would also bring some larger dries (Wulffs, Humpies, Stim's) to use as "indicators". The number of times I've had my indicator inhaled by a large trout up there are countless. Small nymphs (red brassies are a wise choice) will also take fish. Have fun!

#5 Riffle

Riffle

Crayfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Flychucker: Thanks for getting back to me. It is my first time on this particular water and was curious as to how it is fishing. I certainly hope that your theory is correct. Thanks also for the recommendation.

FlyfishingAD

Stayed with Wendy and Mike about two weeks ago for a few days and had a grand time. Mike makes very good recommendations and that's a great starting point. But as others said, we found plenty of unpressured water. General patterns took fish but here's something observed a few times. After hooking small chubs or brookies (up to 4-5 inches) a big fish would crash in and take it. So be sure to throw some streamers. :-)

#6 flyfishingAD

flyfishingAD

Crayfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Stayed with Wendy and Mike about two weeks ago for a few days and had a grand time. Mike makes very good recommendations and that's a great starting point. But as others said, we found plenty of unpressured water. General patterns took fish but here's something observed a few times. After hooking small chubs or brookies (up to 4-5 inches) a big fish would crash in and take it. So be sure to throw some streamers. :-)

Slamosebago and Riffle: Thanks so much for replying to my request. I am happy to hear that the potential exists for some solid fishing. Spent a few days the first week of June at Lakewood and did a fine job on both the salmon (20 and 21" about 3.5 lbs) and brookies(20 and 22" about 4 lbs) as well.

Taking my son on this trip and would really like to get him into some good brookies and salmon.

I look forward to this, my final trip of the summer months before going to GLS in the fall. Fortunate to have been at GLS, Pierce Pond, Lakewood and now Bosebuck.

I highly recommend retired life.

FlyfishingAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Kevin McKay, Owner
About Kevin McKay and Maine Fly Fish
My name is Kevin McKay and I became a Master Maine Guide in 2003. But before that I started www.maineflyfish.com, one of the largest fly fishing web sites on the east coast. It is dedicated to helping everyone who is new and experienced, to bring out their best when it comes to fly fishing. So it was only natural I became a guide and I haven't looked back.
Designed and Managed by
Join us on Facebook • Follow us on Twitter • Videos on YouTube
Contact Us • Visit our sister site @ Maine Fishing Adventures
© 2014 Maineflyfish.com