http://www.llbean.co...oductId=1262145

#2 BigFlyGuy

BigFlyGuy

Crayfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I have not but it looks like a nice pack for the right situation. The fact that American Angler Magazine – calls it 2013 Gear of the Year speaks highly. Plus it is an L.L. Bean product so satisfaction guaranteed.

#3 Igloo lake

Igloo lake

LL Salmon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing,fly tying,hockey,cold PBR,big brookies and kicking back at camp.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I'm not sure about that pack, but I just got the Sling pack in the mail and it doesn't work the way I thought it would. No matter what buckle I undo it doesn't swing to a useful position. I don't know what I'm missing, but I think it's going back to Beans on my first trip up to camp. I may end up with the pack your looking at. The Sling pack was on sale and that may explain my issue.

#4 JayN

JayN

LL Salmon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I jus got the Rapid River vest pack and it's great. It holds am incredible amount of gear and the backpack type straps and waistband give it a great fit. It would be even better if there were a strp to hold a rod case.

#5 05scab

05scab

Chub

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

I purchased the orvis tri pack on sale over the winter. I thought about sending it back unused when I saw bean was coming out with the switch pack. The orvis pack is ok but the bean pack to me looks more thought out and features I would like. To me that bean pack is awesome.

#6 Russ

Russ

The Fish Whisperer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5544 posts
  • Interests:Scottish cultural activities, Celtic music, fly tying, Float tube fishing, canoeing, kayaking, camping, and Steelers football.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

The Switch Pack is brand new.  It looks like a decent pack and vest combo. What makes this nice is the ability of taking the front sections off and attach them to the sides of the back pack.  Not a bad idea when you  are hiking into a pond or stream.  You don't want these smaller packs sitting on your chest while walking through brush.

The Fishpond collection is also quite nice.  Andy, if you are near Eldredges, swing in and check out their packs.  I have the Shooting Star chest/backpack combo.  It's great except for sitting in a kayak with the chest pack sticking out in front of you.  Makes casting difficult.

"Real men wear kilts and real women are glad of it"

God created alcohol to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Kevin McKay, Owner
About Kevin McKay and Maine Fly Fish
My name is Kevin McKay and I became a Master Maine Guide in 2003. But before that I started www.maineflyfish.com, one of the largest fly fishing web sites on the east coast. It is dedicated to helping everyone who is new and experienced, to bring out their best when it comes to fly fishing. So it was only natural I became a guide and I haven't looked back.
Designed and Managed by
Join us on Facebook • Follow us on Twitter • Videos on YouTube
Contact Us • Visit our sister site @ Maine Fishing Adventures
© 2014 Maineflyfish.com