Maine Fly Fish
Russ

Let's get to know everyone...

It's been awhile since we have done this and we have alot of new forum members. I'll get the ball rolling.

I am Russ Madigan. My wife, Suzie, and I moved from Alaska 3 years ago and live in Litchfield Maine. I've been fly fishing for about six years and tying for five. Suzie enjoys fishing as much as I do. When we were planning our move to Maine I started to search for fly fishing groups that I could get involved with. I found this one and fell right into it. This is a great bunch of guys and gals. Suzie and I have been on some great fishing trips with Kevin, Kim and the gang. I work for a local telephone company and I am involved in local Scottish activities. We have two dogs, an Australian Cattle Dog mix named Kacey and a Greyhound named Bella. Peanut is our Maine coon cat.

Let's hear from other members. Maybe we can find a common bond. Atleast you might find someone to fish with.

RAW;Robert A. Wagner,wife is Karen,Live in Western Ma.,have a home in Wells Me.since 1990,Fished the Fl. Keys from 1955 to 1995,father was a fanatic,brother is a guide still there in Islamaroda.Grew up knowing Ted Williams and critiqued each others style,another story there.Wife loves to fish,fishes striped basss on the beach with me,and got into float fishing for Steelhead.Would travel anywhere to let me fish;(my 42 yr. best catch).2 sons,older did Bass circuit for 10 yrs,youngest is worst fanatic of all,runs our boat,excell fly rodder,actually got me to be more interested in the art.This site has been wonderfull,met some Jan 07 at the tie & lie at Eldredge,I'm hooked.Great group,outings are a pleasure.Dachshund name Lilly.Had a home in Keys 20+ years,camper in NY.Self employed carpet distributor,Son,s taking over.Next couple of years hope to expand areas where I,ve never fished.A few coffee's and this site and I,m cranked for the day.

calvin kidder i'm from woodland maine in washington county but now i live in rockland started flyfishing for smallies about 35 year ago on the st croix river been fishing for trout with flies since 2003 tight lines:D:D:D

Mal Greene,Saco,Maine.Avid flyfisher since 1975.Been tying since1979.Married(2nd)three kids.Caitlin(20),Andrew(15) and Kristina(13).Two dogs,Bruno a lovable 100 lbs chocolate Lab and Baily, a over pampered flat coat retriever.

I like to striper fish on the offshore flats and estuaries in Saco bay.Pretty much fish only in the ocean for the past ten years.Been striperin' since 1969.Not picky ,I'll even fish with Alan and Kim!:D

• Like 1

Paul Cote fly fisherman and fly tyer. Dog Kodiak Siberian Husky and fishing dog. Lisbon Falls. Been fishing since two years old. Bought a fly rod when 13 and also started tying flies, not very good. Some time off because of college and work. Been fishing and tying reguraly since 1997. Have not fished this winter because my do had th go through acl surgeries. Have tied alot because of it. He will be ready in a couple of months to fish. Looking forward to our weeklong trip in June up north. Fish mostly freshwater but learning saltwater. Need to do more saltwater after all many boxes of flies tied and ready to go. Love fishing the smallies on the androscoggin after work(sometimes pike). Love the small stream brookies in the area. Love the camping-Fishing trips up north.

Bill Sargent. Wife Tiffany of 22 years. Daughter 19,and a son 16. Two spoiled goldens,and a old cat.I have lived in the Middlebury Vt area all of my life.I am the purchasing agent for Middlebury college dining services, and have worked there for 33 years. Fly fishing for just about anything that swims, and bow hunting are my passions. I tie my own flys. I also coach high school JV lacroose, and am a sugar maker.I started fishing the area north of Moosehead lake in 1981, and always look forward to my one or two weeks spent up there each year. My son also is a into fly fishing, and hunting.We fish the three branches of the Penobscot that are in the area ,as well as various small ponds.This forum is great. I enjoy the good natured banter, as well as all of the the fish talk.

If I can assist any who are visiting Vermont please feel free to get in touch with me.

Bill..

Is that your "Chub Club"?Alan and TLines will knock you on your scrawny a**.You look older than all of us.I always thought you should be called Crypt Keeper,your sooooo slooow,you must be older than you state!

Joe Lane hailing out of Williston Vermont. Grew up fishing the LI sound, Montauk Point, and sneaking in to the LI spring creeks. Been in VT for about 17 years. I am a finance manager for a defense contractor (can you believe that...we make guns up here in liberal left wing VT) with a branch office in Saco (formerly Saco Defense). I've fished all over Maine as I have family there. Mostly around Millinocket, Lincoln and southern coast for stripers. Lately been spending more time on Cape Cod. I love to mix my fishing with travel and beer. Aspire to right a book about the top 25 trout rivers within casting distance of a local brew pub. Been to Quetico Superior, Alaska, Belize, numerous states out west and Great Lakes steelheading. Plan to visit Patagonia, Scotland/Ireland, Kamchatca, Australia and others. Have fished with Mainiac, Jefff, Kimo, Mattb, Alan, Metalhead, and others from the site. Other hobbies include skiing and making the God awfulest sound you ever heard from a 6 string instrument.

Scott Richter these days living in Southeastern MA. Grew up in CT, upstate NY, and near NYC at various points. Married 3 years to my wife Stacey with two kids Amelia (2 yrs) and Nathaniel (2 months). Been a fishing nut ever since I was a little kid and picked up the bug from my dad. Got into fly fishing when I was maybe 8 or 10 but I don't know why, my dad never did it. I've been fly fishing for trout and bass for 20 yrs but I'm a relative newbie in the saltwater fly fishing game. I've been doing the plug and bait thing for a long time though. I fished the trout streams of Montgomery County NY constantly when I was a kid and then moved on to the Deerfield when I got a little older and that was my favorite haunt for a long time. I've become a trophy fish angler with a streak of 5 years of 5+ lb largemouths (Northeast fishing only) that was just broken (only got a 4 lb 14 oz fish last year!), and a streak of 20"+ trout that is now at 5? years (Northeast fishing only, and no sea run fish!). I don't know where I got the bug to go after big fish but it started about 5 years ago. Other hobbies are cars and woodworking.

lee Richardson grew up in East Machias, Maine. Lived there for many years. Some would say that I was an outlaw during most my 20s but fortunately there are not many witnesses left. Moved to New Sweden area in 1998 and took advantage of the still plentiful wild brookies in Aroostook. Me and the Sweetpea moved to Belgrade in 2006 where we live now. Cut my teeth on fly fishing GLS. Some might think I have a unique way of talking but then again I am from Washington County and have an excuse. I did have some great fishing opportunities in Aroostook as well as just across the border in New Brunswick and Quebec. I love Belgrade and worked hard to find a house here. In 2006 I bought a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 to use to travel to local fishing holes and this has added a whole new layer to fly fishing for me. I plan on concentrating on the Kennebec this year and want to make several canoe trips on it. I am some what of a tree hugger but love fly fishing, guns, good beer, big breasted women, chainsaws, rock and roll and the American flag.(-:

Let's hear it for big breasted women!!!! (*)(*) :D:D

One of these days KIM!!:D:D

Steve Lacroix, I am originally from Rhode Island and moved to Williamsburg about 14 years ago. I have twp daughters and a lovely wife. I love all kinds of fishing but have recently rekindled my love of fly fishing and have been having a ball up at the West Branch, East outlet, and small ponds in Baxter. I started looking at this forum about two years ago and like the good naturedness of it. I spend most of my time fishing in Piscataquis County and dont feel the need to travel because I am living in gods country (IMHO)

Like everything nowadays I'm a little slow on the uptake. To much skipping around missing posts I guess.

My name is Alan and live in Gray Maine. I am a NH native but moved to Maine about 32 yrs ago(job related). Like Russ who started this post I was a telephone worker who took an early retirement about 5 1/2 years ago. I am still married to the same woman (happily) for 41 1/2 years. I have two children and two grand-children.

I used to take my gun for a walk every fall but have decided with the extended fishing season this year not to buy a hunting license for the first time since I was able to. Fishing is my only vice and would fish year round weather permitting.

The guys on this forum are some of my best friends and I enjoy fishing with them even when they try to drown you for catching a couple extra fish (Mal :)) Private joke. He lets me ride on the bow of the SS Malfunction when his Chocolate Lab stays home.

Hi, My name is Quinn, And I'm a fishaholic!

I live in Southern Maine with a wonderfully understanding wife, 4 year old daughter, and 7 year old Chocolate Lab.

Sargie, I went to Midd, and I probably met you there, because I worked in Proctor, and was manager of the Zeppelin Room in 1989-90. I look forward to reconnecting and fishing that area with you, and a couple of others - Pat B. and Stever. Maybe some Pike?

Gseries69, my brother in law lives in Williston. Maybe we can hook up and fish for Browns/Bows in Waterbury.

I feel lucky to have met, and been included by, alot of these characters on this site. It isn't so much the fishing, it's the laughing. Nothing is sacred, but no lines are crossed. I look forward to fishing with you all!

Quinn

Quinn,

Yes I am sure that we have meet.I was working out of Proctor hall while you were a student. When your in town look me up.Season starts here this Saturday.Rivers are looking good.

Bill

Hi im Keith, im new to the site but so far i haved loved it. I have been fly fishing for only a year and have caught only smallmouth bass. I have just got into fly tying and it is my new new favorite hobby. My little brother brookieboy actually got me into to flyfishing. I hope that with some help i will be able to gain the knowledge to become a decent angler with a fly rod.

Kevin Oldenburg...living in New York (Upstate). I'm an National Park Ranger and work at the Roosevelt - Vanderbilt NHS giving tours of the homes. I'm also a Wildland Firefighter going west (usually in August) for a detail to fight forest fires. Have been to California, Montana, and Idaho twice to fight fires. I have to admit I'm looking alot at the rivers when we travel to and from the fires - dreaming about wetting a line. Spend quite a bit of time in Maine too. I went to school at Unity College graduating in '98 and continue to get to Maine several times a year to chase landlockeds and brookies. My favorite spot has to be Grand Lake Stream where I always do very well. 44 to the net on a 5 day trip last year! Smoking hot! Always look forward to pointing my car north to Maine!

Joe Tomlinson. I've been living in Greenville for the past year and have spent a lot of time on the EO, WO, and Roach. Before that I spent 30 years working in Massachusetts after growing up in Auburn, Maine. Fished a lot as a kid--bright-blue fiberglass fly rod that caught a lot of pickerel on streamers. Got back into flyfishing in 1990--mostly stripers on Massachusetts south shore--plus a lot of destination fishing (fresh and saltwater) just about everywhere except haven't got to New Zealand yet. My wife, Suzan, is from northwest England and that's where I am right now--catching some big stocked rainbows in reservoirs and browns in the local stream. I'll be getting back to Maine in early June and look forward to meeting up with many of you on the water.

I'm Richard J. Babine, a Registered Guide, living in Scarborough, Maine. I'm a retired Scarborough Police Sergeant now working for the United States Postal Service as a Powered Industrial Vehicle Management System Administrator. I'm married (43 years)to a wonderful wife, Bonnie and have two great kids (Son & Daughter) with two grandsons, Cameron 17 and Alden 7. I will be taking Alden fishing for the first time this weekend. Cameron has discovered Trucks and Women, so he won't be attending. My wife bought a fly rod for me in 1968 and hasn't seen much of me since. I run the Scarborough Fly Fishing Academy and have been teaching fly fishing for the past 25 years.