Maine Fly Fish
Russ

Let's get to know everyone...

crappycastah's my username but I am Mike! Born and raised in york county. Currently living my dream with a phenomenal soulmate and soon to be wife named Penny. Grew up fishing with spin and bait but transitioned accidentally to fly when I moved to the Berkshires. Haven't let it go since. Love the sport love the solitude. Spent a few years fishing red's in FL and living in exile. Bottom line for me is that you can take the boy out of Maine but you can't take the Maine out of the boy! Adept at fishing freshwater but as otherwise mentioned need to improve my presentation to salty's and looking forward to some coaching from the members on this site. Love to tie flies of all types and pretty obsessed with that side of our sport. Have a Snow white Siberian named "Cotton"! Drive my office all day long and can't think of a better life for a fisherperson as I scout my fishing options all week long while I write my own ticket!!!:P

Scott Tiner. Live in Minot. Have been fly fishing for 8 years, but really got the bug two years ago. I have been fishing the Nezinscot River in Turner and the Little Andro in Minot a lot this year. I have also done a fair amount of fishing around the seboomook area above moosehead lake. I love that area with a passion! I have not made a trip with the people on the forum, but maybe sometime.

Pay attention to the outings,always lots of guys turn out,Last years freezeout in Jan we had about 40-50 people,see and meet the faces behind the names,Although there's a few scary characters,(LOL), great bunch,welcome.

Moe Hersom - Gray Maine, (Searsport native) fly fishing for 24 years, used to work for North Maine woods in the Debouille Mountain area where I really got the fly fishing bug. Look forward to meeting some of you and maybe throwing a line or two

Moe

You and I are neighbors...almost.

I'm about the same distance NW of the village as you are South. Small world:).

Alan,

I take it from your pic that you are enjoy saltwater fishing, I have not tackled that yet with the fly rod. Mostly fish the local fresh water stuff as often as possible

Well, Tim could be Curly and Al as Larry...

I guess we got us the 3 Stooges!!!:P:D:D

Originally posted by Alan

Moe

You and I are neighbors...almost.

I'm about the same distance NW of the village as you are South. Small world:).

Tim Kearins here, from Cumberland Center. I'm 27, married with no kids but I do have a 1 year old german shorthaired pointer who is very kid-like. Originally from Garrison, NY, grew up spin-casting and doing lots of hunting of all types. Went away to college at Gettysburg College, met my future wife there Emily. After graduation, moved to NYC for 4 years while I went to school to be an optometrist and my wife got her masters in education. Moved up to Cumberland in the summer of 2007 and have been happily since! I now work out of Portland and my wife teaches 1st grade in cumberland. Picked up fly fishing in the summer of 2007, and I now realize how much I have to learn yet! For now I still consider myself to be just starting, and I do love being in the outdoors, catching fish or not. I dabble in tying flies too, but just the easy stuff for now.

my names Brandon im 20, ive been fishin since i was about 3, started fly fishing when i was about 10 then i stopped after about 2 years, then i started again when i was 18, i pretty much fish every day, my favorite fish to fish for are pike durring spawning with a fly rod :D but on the other hand i do hate pike they ruin every thing, i will fish for anything that will bite

I like back country camping, hiking to streams miles into the woods, I realy have had no one to teach me anything i have learned about the outdoors so ive learned it all from exsperience, i have fished mostly all over the state besides the county

I just started hunting this year but i am already addicted, when a seasom for one animal gets over i cant wait for the next

im a white water rafting guide on the Kenebec and dead river, i also love white water kayaking (great way to get to some awsome fishing that gets little to no fishing presure)

I planning on being a guide when i get older and have more exsperience, i wanna own some camp and a guiide service

In the winter i am either ice fishing or snowmobiling, i dont ride on trails like most people i just ride though the back country in the deep snow! I ice fish a new pond practicly every day just go to any random pond i see on the gazateer, i have a book with all the pond/lakes in the state, and im tryin to fish all of them, ive got most of Androscrogin, kenebec, and cumberland countys covered and im workin on the rest

This coming summer im planning on hiking the appalation trail with my g/f Amanda, hopin to catch alot of fish

If any one ever wants to go fishin, ice/fly/spin let me know always lookin for new people to fish with

Steve B, from Alfred, ME. Born and raised in Lowell, MA. Graduate of U-Mass Lowell with a degree in Criminal Justice. Am currently on loan to the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency, serving as Supervisory Special Agent. Live in Alfred with my wife, Amy, kids -Justin, age 6, and Samantha, age 9, and a 5yr old Choc Lab, named Kimber.

Started fly fishing this past year when my father-in-law and I purchased beginner fly-rod/reel setups at LL Bean. In turn, Beans gave us vouchers for their Fly Fishinig Essentials I class. That got me hooked! Tried local York County spots such as Merriland River in Wells, Mousam River in Kennebunk, etc but the real clincher was when my cousin and I hit Pittsburg NH and the Connecticut River this summer!!! Now that I'm hooked, I try to get to the water as often as I can, while trying to improve my technique.

Am open to fishing with other anglers and my personal email is sipowicz16@yahoo.com. Best of luck to you all and hope to see you out on the water!!!

Regards,

Steve

Dang, I guess Kim has to leave his crack pipe at home now. LOL

Sipowicz, welcome to the forum and to the looney bin of fly fishing. Be prepared to spend lots of money during your lifetime on fly rods and the many accessories.

Let's see some photos of your dog.

Stephen Marsters-Wilton Maine, I was born and brought up in Rumford Maine. Some people say I was born with a fishing rod in hand, but I think I was atleast a week old or so before I picked up a rod. I'm devorced with 2 children Tim(16), Katie(19), and a Grandaughter Makenzie(1 month). I have a fiance' of 15 1/2 years Catherine who I love dearly. She lets me fish all I want and occasionaly joins me. Who could ask for more? We both work for Maine D.O.T. I do road surveying and she is a Civil Engineer in the Bridge program. Her pass time love is her 79 MG midget.

We have a hunting, fishing, getawayfromitall camp in the Rangeley area called Camp Cast And Blast. Trout and Salmon are my love but I will fish for anything that will pull on the other end of my line. I started fly fishing and fly tieing when I was a sophmore in H.S. Fly fishing is my favorite but I do every kind of fishing there is. I practice C.+ R. as much as possible but do enjoy a fish meal now and then. My license plates on my vehicles are FFO and FFO 4X4.

I look forward to the great discusions, topics, commentary, passing of info, and hopefully meeting as many of the members as I can in the future.... Here's to a great 2009 of fishing and friends. LETS' GO FISHIN'

p.s. I've got some awesome photos to put up on this site for everyone to enjoy.

Streamerfly93-Steve Kingsbury-Milford, Me.

Grew up in central CT. had a guy down the street take us flyfishing on the Farmington, Mt. Hope, Fenton,etc. and helped to teach me fly tying. I serve on the board of the Maine Youth Fish and Game Association and teach in Milford.Came up in '71 to get a degree in wildlife at UM and never looked back. Two more degrees and I'm still here. Wife and two step kids keep me busy along with the teaching and a lawn care business. Love this stuff and I enjoy teacing it to the kids.

My name is Craig Jones. I was born and raised in Missoula, MT by Mark Jones (attorney and guide) and Mary Jones. I started fly fishing when I was four or five and started rowing gear boats for over night river trips when I was 10 as a summer job. This lasted until I was 18 and was allowed to get my guides license. I have been guiding since 2000 and have worked for myself (river resource outfitters), David Decker ( Complete Fly Fisher), Greg Herbert (4 rivers lodge) and a slew of other outfitters. I also have been guiding mule deer hunts for about 5 years. I have a wonderful girlfriend, two basset hounds named Copper and Todd, a reef aquarium, 1 horse, couple snakes, couple cats, conure, and hopefully a new Fila by the end of the month! I am moving to Rochester in the spring.

I graduated from the University of Montana Western with a BA in Environmental Science/Fisheries. I am in love with brown trout in particular and studied them whenever i had the chance (I like all fish). I sold my fishing business in 2007 just after I graduated.

One thing I would like to do in new england is learn to fox hunt, it sounds like a real rush, jumping horses chasing the hounds.

ask me any questions you might have!

craig jones

Dave Kelly, currently at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard where I am wrapping up a 30 year stint as a submariner - retiring from the Navy in August...so while I have lots of time "on the water" I have just as much (or more) under it. We're building a house in Kittery; originally from the Boston area but having lived all over the US (including 13 years in Hawaii) and elsewhere (4 years in the Philippines) there's nowhere I'd rather be than Maine. Grew up fishing for bass and pickerel in the Concord River in MA and handlining for cod, mackerel and flounder on my grandfather's boat in Scituate MA. Always told myself that I'd start fly fishing when I settled down & with the help of the gents at Eldgredge Brothers I'm jumping in to my first season. Started tying last year, great stuff. Enjoyed the Ice Out, really a great bunch of people. Looking forward to getting out there...

I salute you Jumbo John. You can't be much of a jumbo if you are a submariner. Those things aren't that big. :D

Dave

WELCOME ABOARD!

Ray

You won't find a more helpful bunch anywhere! Welcome to the party, Dave......:D

welcome, Dave. You must have been to New London, CT, at some point in your career. I spent the last 10 months or so of my enlistment there (you were probably still in high school). I also spent time in Guam and Rota, Spain - both had subs back then. Ever get to the Indian Ocean?