Maine Fly Fish
Russ

Let's get to know everyone...

Welcome to all new members

On this snowy day it is time to catch up on missed topics, this being one of them.

I'll second that Alan. Welcome to all the new members. :)

I'll third that! Welcome to all new members.

Many anglers that I meet afield talk about this site. It really does help the new guy to get a foot in the door, many of which go on to be dedicated fly fishermen.

Hi, My name is Bill Robinson. I live in Edmunds, ME with my wife Teresa of nearly 10 years. We have 2 sons, Logan 5 and Dylan 1. Black Lab Sam, English setter Lady, cat Eve. I am 37 and I have hunted and fished since I could carry wood. Graduated from Unity College, class of 95'. I'm a 4th generation Maine Guide and my family has lived on this property since the Civil War. Our ancestors hailed from Ireland. My family owns and operates Robinson's Cottages on the Dennys River. My grandfather Ray Robinson wrote a book called "Salmon On The Dennys, Struggle For Survival 1786-1986". Some of you may have seen this book at L.L. Bean on the book shelf. More than a few members of this forum and some sponsors have visited us here. I avidly chase fish and game all 4 seasons. Ice-fishing for brookies and landlocks is my favorite winter activity. Bass and perch in the summer, then I guide hunters all fall. Personally, of all of the activities I am engaged in, stalking big woods bucks is my favorite thing to do. (This is my great-grandfather coming out of me) I've taken several over 200 pounds field dressed. Being a 4th generation Maine Guide, I have been taught to respect all folks and to have a kind heart towards nature and appreciate all that I have. I'm looking forward to the coming year, and perhaps meeting some folks here on this forum. Thanks, Bill

As Alan said "welcome". We have a home in Lubec that we rent out as a summer rental. I get out there in the spring, late fall and winter. Maybe I'll hook up with you some time out there and do some flyfishing,ice fishing, or hunting. I don't know much about the area so a good guide would be nice. You have a nice web site. :)B)

hi i am Calvin kidder i live in Rockland but i call Woodland down in Washington county home that were i was brought up i been fly fishing for bass about 35 years but started fishing for trout for about 6 years i still consider my self a new be because i am all ways trying to improve and i tend to ask questions a lot i am looking forward to meeting the new people and all my old friends here on the forum soon tight lines :D :D :D

normand frechette - southeastern connecticut

born and raised in the norwich, connecticut area and have lived in maryland, mississippi, colorado, california, barrow in furness england.

learned fly fishing and tying in 1981 when i was working at martin marietta aerospace in colorado. ive been at it ever since.

single, no animals, no kids. free to travel whenever i want.

currently working at electric boat company designing and analyzing the best built submarines your money can buy.

patriots, red sox, celtic and uconn husky fan. hockey is not for me.

normand frechette - southeastern connecticut

born and raised in the norwich, connecticut area and have lived in maryland, mississippi, colorado, california, barrow in furness england.

learned fly fishing and tying in 1981 when i was working at martin marietta aerospace in colorado. ive been at it ever since.

single, no animals, no kids. free to travel whenever i want.

currently working at electric boat company designing and analyzing the best built submarines your money can buy.

patriots, red sox, celtic and uconn husky fan. hockey is not for me.

Welcome Bill.I used to fish the Denny's back in the late seventies,early eighties.The salmon population in the river then was in pretty good shape.Loved catching those magnificent leapers on that little river! B)

My mane is Brian. I grew up in Brewer, Maine but have lived in Gray, Maine about 2 miles from Crystal Lake for the last 10 years. I am married and have a 7-year old daughter and a 5-year old son. I spend most of my fishing time with my children because I enjoy their company and I think it teaches them a lot about patience and respect for nature. I hope my children enjoy fishing as much as I do when they grow up. My father taught me to fish as soon as I could hold a fishing rod. I started fly fishing and tying in 1995 and have been learning about it ever since. Within the last couple years I also started Striper fishing in Casco Bay. My family has had a camp on Ebeemee Pond (near Brownville Junction) since 1904 so the majority of my fresh-water fishing is done in the Katahdin Iron Works and Jo Mary area for brook trout. I love catching wild brook trout on a dry fly at dusk.

I dont know anyone on this forum so I "lurk" often and post occasionally.

Tight Lines to All.

Welcome Brian.We have many members in your area(including me).Keep an eye on the board come spring.We'll be having get togethers fairly often.You're always welcome to join in. :)

My name is Stan. I was born in Newport, RI and lived there for 25 years. My wife and I lived in Delta Junction, Alaska, for a year and a half. We moved to southern Maine in 1969, and currently live in South Berwick. We have two grown daughters.

My wife, Genie, and I teach skiing at Sunday River in Bethel. We both enjoy all kinds of fishing. I have fished my whole life and still consider myself an amateur. I have just started to learn how to tie flies.

Welcome Stan.Sorry I didn't introduce myself at the freeze up.You've come to the right place to learn tying and such.Be happy to help out anyway I can.

My name is Peter and I will be fishing all the waters that maniac used to and take lots of pictures to really p him off, and some of it will be with bill from Dennys River

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hey peter i would not do that if i was you he bigger than you tight lines :D :D :D

My name is Stan. I was born in Newport, RI and lived there for 25 years. My wife and I lived in Delta Junction, Alaska, for a year and a half. We moved to southern Maine in 1969, and currently live in South Berwick. We have two grown daughters.

My wife, Genie, and I teach skiing at Sunday River in Bethel. We both enjoy all kinds of fishing. I have fished my whole life and still consider myself an amateur. I have just started to learn how to tie flies.

Welcome Stan,glad you and your wife attended our winter bash. There's lots of really good info on the site,thanks for joining us. Tightlines Bob

I guess the mail is never coming <_< starting to tie my own now, aka Mal's hb special :( , somebody is gonna ask where I got such a butt ugly fly, Mal sent it to me!! By the way, does this fly get respect all over the state or just very specific waters?

I guess the mail is never coming <_< starting to tie my own now, aka Mal's hb special :( , somebody is gonna ask where I got such a butt ugly fly, Mal sent it to me!! By the way, does this fly get respect all over the state or just very specific waters?

It gets the most attention hanging on your inside car mirror with a church key.Then they know your serious! :lol:

Hi My name is Wayne Tibbetts I live in Rockland. My wife's name is Judy we have been married for 42 years. I have been fishing and hunting since I could hold a fishing pole by myself. I have mostly lake,pond and brook fished. I started fly fishing about a year ago. So I'm interested in learning and need all the tips I can get. I have become good friends with Calvin Kidder, he got me started in fly fishing.I really enjoy it. I have a 9 year old grandson,who just loves to go fishing with me. So lucky me gets to go more often.