Maine Fly Fish
Kevin McKay

20 inch club

Caught this 21 1/2 brown trout on the South Fork of the Sanke (Idaho) on Sept. 18. I was using a 10 ft 4 wt Helios rod with 5x tippet. Nice!

Picture1397.jpg

I posted this colorful fish on another thread...taped out around 26-27 inches( quick measured against my flyrod), my best this fall season.

IMGP0716.jpg

Some goofy looking dude with a 22-23 or so fish built like a tank,... fin clipped male in a river with supposedly only natives? Caught his fin clip girlfriend minutes earlier Hmmmmmm!

IMGP0719.jpg

Spector,

Funny you say that about the fin clip. On the same river in May about 8 years ago I took a big salmon from way upstream at the sodom rd bridge with a fin clip and have since wondered the same...I too was under the impression that all fish there are wild but either there's a way in from another water body (which is likely in that neck of the woods) or I'm mistaken about the stocking.

Jay,

not to start the age-old discussion about fall landlocks vs brownies but that thing looks distinctly like a male salmon with his spawning suit on. Either way that's a beauty and answers the question I've always asked myself when driving over that little stretch of water. Well done.

-Matt

I agree with Matt. That is an awesome Male salmon. B)B)B) I don't believe there are any browns in that watershed that could get there.

I know that there are browns in the lower part of that watershed that match the size of that salmon. ;)

Is the Mickey Finn in its tail.....foul hooked?? :blink:

Good eyes Steve. You should be a cop. :lol::lol::lol:

I bet it's just stuck in the net after he removed it from it's mouth....I hope. :blink::blink:

Stuck in the net, hooked fair and square! Salmon or brown it's the biggest fish I've ever caught with my fly rod and a great end to the season.

they put some big fish in there a couple weeks ago

Yeah the brook trout but not the brown trout.

These are from last year in the Credit River here in Ontario

30" Brown

bigbrown3.jpg

28" Bow

nov15steel.jpg

7 1/2lb Atlantic 20+ inches

atlantic2.jpg

Ken B)