Maine Fly Fish
Kevin McKay

16 to 19 ich club

Here's a 16" 'bow I caught today who wrapped the line around my legs before I was able to land him:

1016121051.jpg

So Thursday's fish (which I posted about elsewhere) measured in at 16". Here's the pic again. Still pales in comparison to my giant sucker...

0516131440.jpg

One of my personal best salmon I didn't measure it as I wanted to release it fast but im assuming at least 18 inches but no more than 20. Also caught it on my ultra light with an artificial but I know where to get these now so this fall im getting one on the fly!

00327.jpg

00612.jpg

9f94c216-ba2d-4fbc-ad1e-487739db7546_zps

18.5" 2.45 lbs taken on a bead-head maple syrup tonight after work. Only bite I got all night, glad a stuck with it.

Splake or brookie ?? kind of looks like a splake ?

90% sure it's a splake even though it was caught quite some ways from any splake stocked waters. Tail is a bit to forked to be a native square tail.

that is for sure tight lines :D:D:D

My first holdover on the fly rod I estimate it at 17 or 18 inches this guy took some effort to catch he didn't bite until I got the absolute perfect drag free drift going. It was very exciting to watch him take my fly in the clear water he even did a giant backflip for me!

PB130374.jpg

PB130375.jpg

I have never seen any salmon (in person) with this much color before! I can't wait to see more of these beauties!!

fb4e2758-f9e3-4bd4-81a4-7b4724e9911f.jpg

PB130377.jpg

No one has added to this forum in awhile so I figured it needed a new pic. Here's a 17" cutthroat caught in the Kootenay River in British Columbia a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0353.jpg

No one has added to this forum in awhile so I figured it needed a new pic. Here's a 17" cutthroat caught in the Kootenay River in British Columbia a couple of weeks ago.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:09 PM, theflyguy said:

That's a beast stockie

I didn't measure it but it was pushing 20"...I broke off three other fish that were similar size! I was using 6x leader, should have had 4x on!