Maine Fly Fish
Water Rat

Image at top of page

Although the image at the top of the page is very nice, I believe it may be slowing down the loading of pages a bit. Overall the new site is awesome, I really like the pattern database! :)

You are right, it really does look good. Sometimes if it is set up with code that chooses rotating images it runs slower than specifically embedded images. That is, you would choose a specific image for each page and stick with it. That allows a browser to cache the image and not have to load it every time. Just a thought :)

You are right, it really does look good. Sometimes if it is set up with code that chooses rotating images it runs slower than specifically embedded images. That is, you would choose a specific image for each page and stick with it. That allows a browser to cache the image and not have to load it every time. Just a thought :)

Unfortunately, the way the header files and the way the forum software works, it's difficult to tell what page you are on to stick to it a particular page. That was the way I originally tried to do it (i.e. fly pattern image goes to the fly pattern pages, hatch to the hatch pages). I will continue to see if I can find a way to do it that way. I agree with your suggestion.

Water Rat. To speed up the forum section, I made the fish photo be the one that shows up, so it should not change as you browse the forums. Thanks again for your input to the site.

Wow, that made a difference! Thanks! The pages load much faster.

They weren't just terrible before, but it can get annoying when you flip through half a dozen threads, even if it is only a few seconds... Much better now B)