Maine Fly Fish
Giventoflyfish

Reply and View Count Updates

Any luck? Still seems to be doing the same thing.

Just a comment - When you do a post, it appears that the post doesn't happen, the editor stays open. If you refresh the page, though, it shows that your post did indeed get posted. Just odd.

Not only is it not changing dates of posts, (I get some kind of SQL error notice) and the error noted by Water Rat, but I also have problems replying with a quote, It won't copy over the quote and I have to type in what I want to quote.

here is the error message I get:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT COUNT(*) as topicviews FROM ibf_topic_views WHERE views_tid=25175

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Hope a solution is found soon. Real PIA to have to browse all topics to find new posts. Also, new posts don't bump the topic to the top, so those posts are lost.

Interesting that the overall index of all forums shows the latest post, but the index of threads in an individual forum do not. New topic show up, but posts in the thread are not indexed.

I had the same problem with quotes as Gunner over the past few days but it worked fine today.

Thanks James, guessing this is no fun to deal with. Frustrating when you have to wait on others so you can move forward with a solution. It all started with the SQL errors, something was broken when the site came back up.

Thanks James, guessing this is no fun to deal with. Frustrating when you have to wait on others so you can move forward with a solution. It all started with the SQL errors, something was broken when the site came back up.

Thanks. I contacted the hosting provider again today :(. Yes, I believe there are issues with non-critical tables and hopefully the cleanup tool will fix it. If not the the forum vendor says they can fix it manually.

Everyone, the problem should now be resolved. The counts over the past 2 weeks are not in the totals but new ones should be added from this point.

The issue when submitting a new post/reply should also be fixed as a result of the the database fix (i.e. the one that says constantly saving...).

Let me know if the issue still occurs.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone :)