Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Spey Lessons with Richard Ostrowski

Yesterday I took a Traditional Scandinavian Style Spey lesson from Richard Ostrowski. I am sure that his patience got strained but he kept that gentlemanly demeanor with me. His easy going manner was a plus with my frustration level quite high at times. His analogies of different ways to address my problems smoothed out the bumps in the road. By the end of the day I at least could tell immediately when I did something wrong. This is very important for anyone trying this form of casting. Being able to self identify your faults puts you way ahead on the learning curve and the only thing left for you to do is correct these faults is practice,practice and more practice.

For any of you out there contemplating the Two Handed rods I would advise you to take some lessons before attempting it on your own. It is much easier to do it right at the beginning rather than trying to make corrections later on. Please consider some lessons from this gentleman. You will not be sorry you did.

Thanks Rich for a great day and learning from one of the best.

Alan, was the class like the Topher class we took last year?

Alan, was the class like the Topher class we took last year?

No.

Last year Topher was not available and Mitch was standing in for him. I decided on a private lesson this time after reading Richard's forum post.

Yes, I have intentions of taking several lessons from Rich. I have communicated with him via email. Seems like a good teacher. Rates appear to me to be very low for what you get. Thus I really recommend people check with him and find out his rates and how he teaches. If one is interested in 2 handers I think this is a big bargain.

I damaged.....hurt my foot, so I can't do it till uh....I dunno. Still racked up in a recliner........keeping it elevated. Don't seem to be getting any better. But will be getting his lessons when I can. Thanks to the posters which allowed me to hook up with him.

mucho tks