Maine Fly Fish
plecain

One more before the season gets busy

Wow looks awesome that real seat matches really well love it another great rod. 

Really nice Paul. Hope it performs as well as it looks.

Ron

I just finished my first rod and your work is amazing! Makes mine look a 2x4 with a reel seat and some eyelets.  Something to strve for. I do like the colors you went with.  Piece of art in the from of a flyrod.

That rod is stunning!:wub:   I would be proud to have that one in my quiver for sure!

Got to fish this rod finally.  It balances well with this reel.

csDSCN0839_zps8cs59wan.jpg

Because the higher mountain streams are still cold, I went to a lower stream. It runs between two lakes. I sometimes fish it during the winter because it never freezes. Like everyplace else, this stream is way low for this time of year.

csDSCN0843_zpszo5vtkgz.jpg

csDSCN0845_zps5j4a4aqm.jpg

Caught fish like this for a while.

csDSCN0847_zpssmac6pcn.jpg

Then, unexpectedly, I caught this.

csDSCN0849_zpshzjohk6v.jpg

The upstream pond is stocked, so I'm guessing this fish came from there. But, it doesn't look like a this year fish. Anyway, it was a nice surprise.

The rod was a little long for this small stream, but roll casting 10-20 feet out worked very well. Bow and arrow casting was good, too.

One more thing: the black flies are brutal. Prepare accordingly.

Nice balance on the rod and really nice bow glad the rod works well always cool to see a rod start from pieces to catching fish good work

Very nice Paul. Glad to see it performs as good as it looks. I love that grip.

Ron

I've found that I love this rod.

When others have talked about the 4 wt. TXL-F, I've always wondered why you'd want one. I had the TXL in the 00 wt. and always thought of TXLs as ultralight rods. That was the point of a rod that started at a 000 wt.

I had used this 4 wt.on a couple of small streams with smallish fish and saw how versatile it was in small places. Yesterday, I went to a larger place with larger fish. It handled one salmon that was well over 20" and a number of trout in the 16" - 19" range. It has enough reserve power to control the fish, plus the tip is soft enough to protect the tippets. When I needed to, I could cast it out to 60-70' pretty easily.

I love this rod.