Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
jimbob

Playing around..

So I have been playing around with blades and flies etc..  As most know the Panther Martin is absolutely lethal as a bladed spinner on Brook Trout.   I have taken single bladed gold spinners and turned them into bladed golden retrievers and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how effective they will be...I can cast and retrieve these in the usual and ordinary manner, also if a gold bead headed golden retriever is legal, is my concotion legal on a FFO water???? If, not it will work well on ALO...However, its the same material used in regards to a bead or a blade??!  Thoughts??

FFO waters will be off limits for your lure.

14 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

FFO waters will be off limits for your lure.

Agreed. Spinning blades make it a lure, not a fly. 

Ron

Fly (Artificial Fly): A single-pointed hook dressed with feathers, hair, thread, tinsel, or any similar material to which no additional hook, spinner, spoon or similar device is added (Title 12, §10001-26).

Fly Fishing: Casting upon water and retrieving in a manner in which the weight of the fly line propels the fly (Title 12, §10001-27).

• Like 1

Fish it!! You dont know how effective it is, until you try it. Everything else is pure speculation!