Maine Fly Fish
Russ

Ice out this spring.

Let's keep an eye on the lakes and ponds in your area for ice out.  Especially in the southern part of the state. 

Maybe we could meet for a day on the water at one of these ponds.

I always like to know when the smaller ponds are out, but it's hard to find that Info. little ossipee lake is just about our. Should be open this weekend. If anybody finds themselves near bear pond in Waterford, I would appreciate knowing if/when the ice is gone 

Megunticook lake is getting pretty close. I saw three boats fishing in the ice out area last weekend

2 hours ago, Flynoob said:

Megunticook lake is getting pretty close. I saw three boats fishing in the ice out area last weekend

Doesn't it have rsinbows?  I love rainbows.

Yes! Russ it has rainbows! The river also has them I haven't figure out what they want but it doesn't keep me from trying!:

My friend reported Crystal in Gray still has 14" of solid ice on it as of yesterday morning.

No way it has 14"! Your friend must be hammering rainbows in open water and not want the place getting bombarded yet :lol:

shoot, maybe it is. I find that hard to believe though I was planning on checking it out tonight 

5 hours ago, brosa1450 said:

No way it has 14"! Your friend must be hammering rainbows in open water and not want the place getting bombarded yet :lol:

shoot, maybe it is. I find that hard to believe though I was planning on checking it out tonight 

You may need planks to get on the ice :D.  He is one crazy son of a gun.  He didn't say it extended all the way to shore.  Come to think of it he said he would give me a call when he got off the ice to give me a report......haven't heard from him.:lol:

I checked it out, many holes/weak spots, water at the immediate edge. Should be clear by end of the week. 

Anybody been up to Sennebec Lake yet?