Maine Fly Fish
brosa1450

A banner first day...

...on maines open water. Caught and released approx 20 rainbows. Most of these fish were caught in one area and just about every cast for a solid 30-45 minutes. The action then shut off and I only managed one or two for the remainder of the day. Second day was "slower" but still managed the same number, granted I spent the entire day (630a - 730p) on the water. Either way, I'm not sure I'll find stillwater fishing like these two days for the rest of 2017!! I sure hope so though. All fish C&R.

First fish of the day was camera shy and last fish was strange looking. 

Tight lines everyone! Spring has arrived!

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.PNG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

• Like 2

Admin can move this if you'd prefer it be in the fishing reports section, just realized it may be better suited for that. Not sure how to do it myself. Thanks!

Yeah give it a shot! It took me a long time to figure it out as it's basically a totally different sport. I still have a ton more to learn but it's awesome once you figure out where they are/what they want, even if only for 30 minutes haha.

Did you go out again today? Was that you I saw launching the canoe in a bit of a hurry towards dusk? We didn't talk but I think we past each other.  I was the in the gray plastic raft looking pond boat near the launch. 

Nice bunch of fish, must have scratched the itch nicely after a long winter. 

Was not me launching canoe. I think I saw that individual though. I was in a Jon boat.  Green 12 footah

Surprised it wasn't the kayak I bet up by my grandfathers would be ok right about now for rainbows I got to get my kayak out and quick rinse off let me know stripers will be here soon....

Oh man I'm shaking. I love bows.  I don't suppose you can tell me what pond it was?

I love deep fried beer battered yellow perch, but for trout, salmon and bass I only do C&R.

I'm itching to get my canoe on the water.  My rebuilt rod cries out.  I hear the fish calling and I must go.

Good work!

I too had a banner first day. I fished my first pond of the year yesterday--first cast had a brookie hit my little black stone dry and I wasn't ready and missed. No worries, another one hit the second cast and finally hooked one on the third. It was lovely, landed about a dozen in an hour or so all on dries. Gotta love those beaver ponds that heat up in no time!

• Like 1

I gotta get out, maybe Sunday or Monday.