Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
JamieoftheNorth

Vindication

I moved from southern Maine to the downeast region last summer. The craziness of that and a new job didn't leave as much time to fly fish as I would have liked, but things are settled in now. 

I hit a small, spring fed stream near my house with the three weight yesterday and did pretty well. Nice to know I have natives so close to home and some of my new neighbors have been tipping me off on some other spots to try as well. Not a lot of stocked and/or year round rivers compared to York/Cumberland county, but maybe I'm starting to see why. Can't wait to do some more exploring, especially when the bigger waters settled down more.

WqX6MNH26CY7OFybQWEWITxxMV9AnDX0VSC8K8Vo

9m_DS-jK8G7XAZiF3F77COTNJnAB6sV5_eiO9bVl

DItYdpAOzv7FKSh0FhDvDIx5y5DBjvX0A2zhnTfZ

KGQc5D7-UvP8qWszUD697Jbvhfw28vstx1Lmzvb1

Very cool heard there are some good spots to fish out that way

Jamie - that's some great looking pictures.   Not typically the type of fishing I've done in my life but looking to get into it a bit as I've recently started to pick up the fly rod.  Need to start exploring the southern part of the State for those types of waters now; though the opportunities don't seem as prevalent as Bangor where I'm originally from. 

Congrats on the move/transition and best of luck on your new turf!  Looks like a great place to live.

Mike 

Nice looking spots. Would love to visit. 

I'm in a similar situation, Jamie. Only in reverse. I grew up in Southern Maine, but moved away when I was in college and just moved back to York County from Colorado. Any chance you'd be willing to share some Southern Maine fly fishing tips with a returning Mainer?

Not a lot of stocked fish for sure. I lived in Calais and woodland for a while quite a few years ago and I cought many natives they were small but eager!