Maine Fly Fish
Russ

How's the pond fishing so far???

Just wondering how things are stacking up this spring/early summer?  I haven't had the chance to get out yet.  Going to try sometime next week.  Not sure if I want to target trout, bass or pike.

I keep hearing voices outside and I finally realized it was my canoe.  It is really getting antsy to get back on the water.

Things have been awesome for the past 3 weeks, tons of emerger action towards dusk.   My father was visiting from up Maine this past weekend and we put a hurting on them.  Lots of rainbow and brookie action, casting to those swirls during magic hour is my kinda fun.

• Like 2

The rain, this spring, should've done all the stillwaters, along with their tribs, a lot of good...especially for the insects(to come)...just my guess.

Other than occasional shore fishing, I've canoed the same pond 3 times since I've put which was April 26th on this pond. the worst I've done fishing from 6-11am on Sunday mornings is 9 salmon. 2 weekends ago I had close to 20 brook trout on the 8"-14" range all which took an olive wooly bugger, and 6 wild salmon 14-18" all on a homemade Maribou smelt pattern 

Monday, Memorial Day is going to be my day to get out and fish a pond.  Only problem is I can't decide which one.  I'd love to find some rainbows and browns.  I'm in Augusta and I don't have time to do a lot of driving.  The bigger lakes will have too many speed boats and jet skis.  I'm thinking of Lily Pond in New Gloucester.  Any other suggestions? 

Any of the range ponds, lower has HP restriction if your worries about speed boats but there's a fee to get in. 

Spent the better part of the day at a small pond with no luck. Anot her fisherman on the pond caught about 5 that I saw.   Some guys have all the luck.

If someone is catching fish and you're not it's probably not luck. Just sayin.