Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
RAW

Storms of the Century

2 relatives under water in Texas, older brother in ST Kitts, younger in Islamorada Fl. ( he has a conch house and will stay to 80-90 mph winds:(

I'll be praying for their health and wellbeing. 

Ron

I have a sister and brother in law in ft lauderdale area and a few aunts uncles and cousins in Orlando. I heard the thoughts and prayers truck showed up empty! Please donate with funds to these places! Money makes the difference. Please donate to a local charity not the Red Cross or FEMA. Local pet shelters and regular shelters will and do need help!

Brother left the keys, to go north/Ocala area. Storm eye as of now Marathon to Key Largo, right over his house. The red cross conch house has survived every storm since 1938, Hope so again

Brother got to his house and no damage to the house or out bldg. He had a 1000' of mangrove and gumbo limbo behind him. They are all bent but saved him, the "Green Turtle Inn " you can see in pictures on line. His daughters house also, Neighbors left and right have heavily damaged houses. The local church survived as brother Ron and the pastor boarded up the day before. He's now in SC with friends and then up to Cape Breton, With no electric or water, no need to stay. People all over looking for clean up work., We were both there in 1960 after Hurricane Donna,  about a month or so.all the debri make many places look worse. He said too many people did not even put things like boats, furniture away.Less than 10%have ins.   Called living on the edge. 57 yrs between direct hits . Lots of other friends lost everything in the lower keys.