Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
TightLinesMaine

Brown trout on para-hoppers

Hit a section of small stream yesterday I hadn't fished since Mid August.  Paid off big time, landed 6 (wild) brook trout and 5 brown trout all on the surface on parachute grasshoppers and parachute caddis.  Nothing big or super colorful, but some nice solid browns in the 9" to 11" range came out to play, a real treat, especially on dries with the 3 wt.  One of the brown trout may have been wild, not sure (the brown trout out of the net in the last picture didn't look like the other 4 I landed).  Flows are pretty average but water temps are definitely cooler than average right now thanks to some nights in the 40s over the last few weeks. 

lm8jICKl.jpg

jTFHaAMl.jpg

dAVHM4bl.jpg

fFtuvv0l.jpg

Those are all really healthy looking fish.

Is it the camera or do they have a green tinge in their color, especially on the backs?

1 minute ago, plecain said:

Those are all really healthy looking fish.

Is it the camera or do they have a green tinge in their color, especially on the backs?

Thanks, I don't think it's the camera, I think it may be a combination of the trout itself and the water color/lighting (this section of brook has a weird green-tannin tinge).

Nice TR Randall.....  Yeah, I noticed a grasshopper yesterday down/up here in the Bangor area.  Looks like warm weather will be hangin' around for a little while longer....