Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
SLC Ron

Project Healing Waters Salt Lake City

Thursday Sept. 28 was our annual Fall outing. 25 disabled vets, 25 volunteer "guides" and access to a private pond on a working cattle ranch in Utah. Talk about the perfect recipe for a fantastic day. We managed to land over 500 big rainbows. The excitement exhibited  by these vets was unbounded. 

God Bless America and thanks to all our proud veterans. 

Ron

• Like 1

Ron,

I applaud your efforts and dedication to working for/with  this group and giving our vets such a positive experience. My hat's off to you and all the others that do this. 

• Like 1

The overwhelming success of this project is attributable to people like you Ron. I have been privileged to provide a very small part in helping the legion with the healing waters project in the Greenville area. These disabled vets deserve all we can do for them and more. They certainly show their appreciation. So thank you Ron!

• Like 1

That's terrific stuff SLC Ron, especially out there...over 500 big bows..:D:D ...that's a lot of trout.

Do we have an event in Maine? I have a drift boat and would LOVE to participate 

• Like 1

Tim,   Contact The Maine Guide Fly Shop. I am pretty sure that they have an event every year in support of Project Healing Waters. If you can't make a connection there, you can go to the national site and navigate to programs operating in Maine. Maniac (Mal) who is on this site constantly may also be able to shed some light on this subject. Thanks in advance for helping out with PHWFF. We need more folks like you.

Ron