Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
McGregor956

Ohio/Pennsylvania steelhead trip

Last week I finally took my trip to Ohio to see family. In August I scheduled a steelhead fishing trip with chagrin river outfitters while I was going to be out there. The shop owner set me up with his nephew Justin Pribanic. Weeks leading up to the trip I was watching the weather like a hawk. I was starting to get nervous with the lack of rain. A few days before the trip they got some rain. I was thankful to say the least. I met Justin real early the next morning and we headed out. The first spot we were at I hooked a fish within the first three drifts but lost the fish. I ended up hooking up with two more steelhead and landed them both. By that time we had ate a quick lunch and tried a few other spots. I hooked a few others that I lost but landed one at the very end of the day. All the fish were super fresh and they were hot. All the fish made great runs and jumped multiple times! I was a very happy customer at the end of the day. If any of you are heading out that way for steelhead and looking for a guide to seek Justin out. He is humble, patient and does a great job. Hopefully my fish handling in this photos are alright.

IMG_5017.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

Gorgeous B) Looks like natural spawned fish. No fin clip. You know? that can be a wonderful sickness:wub:

Raw, I don't know for sure. I was so excited to catch some fish I didn't really take the time to look for that haha. Steelhead sickness can be a blessing and a curse. I hope one day I can get to the west coast. Only then will my transformation to the dark side will be complete :lol:

Nice chrome!  (I recognize that grass just over your left shoulder...  :-)  ).

Thanks Aldo! I appreciate that!! Haha... I blurred it out of respect for the guide. Not just him but all guides work hard to put people on fish...

Most smartphones have built in GPS added to photo.!:o  Your phone is on your desk as you are planning  your next trip:ph34r:

beautiful fish!

I like the background :lol:

are those 30" fish?

12 hours ago, RAW said:

Most smartphones have built in GPS added to photo.!:o  Your phone is on your desk as you are planning  your next trip:ph34r:

hahaha. My phone was on my desk at work when I replied to that haha!

1 hour ago, Kevin McKay said:

Sweet looking fish!

Thanks Kevin I appreciate it!

1 hour ago, arrowflinger said:

beautiful fish!

I like the background :lol:

are those 30" fish?

Thanks! I think the first two I landed were close to 30". The background I think adds something to the photos! :lol: