Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
SLC Ron

First Time

My grandson joined my friend and I for his first time ever duck hunting. He managed to kill one and now he is hooked!! Once again he has made being a Grampy an enjoyable experience. More hunts planned through the Fall and Winter. image.jpg

• Like 2

Happy young man right there!  Well done Gramps.

Nothing makes for a better day!;)

Well done Gramps, doing my part as well...this was my grandsons first youth day hunt. :)

It is such a joy to promote a passion for the outdoors in our young. I hope they see the twinkle in our eyes and bounce in our steps.

Sixguns

20171021_165545.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sixguns said:

Well done Gramps, doing my part as well...this was my grandsons first youth day hunt. :)

It is such a joy to promote a passion for the outdoors in our young. I hope they see the twinkle in our eyes and bounce in our steps.

Sixguns

20171021_165545.jpg

Any luck?  Future outings planned? Isn't it funny how our focus moves from what we wanted to accomplish to concentrating on our grandkids enjoying themselves and succeeding.

Ron

Hunting with a A.R. 15 or 10? I am sure he loved that lol. Never thought of using mine 223 is a bit small of a round but damn accurate. Was thinking of getting my son a hunting rifle but maybe I will get a 5 rd clip for the A.R. And have him use that. Not a whole lot of kick to it. My 7 mm mag is a bit big for him and he can’t pull 35 lbs on a bow yet. Can’t wait to get him out there though will give me a reason to hunt rifle season as I prefer bow season personally. Hunting is a great skill to pass on in my opinion. Glad to see more kids doing it

My grandson is a small 12yr old, this was his 1st year hunting...he shot the .223 well so I loaded it up with 64gr gold dots.

He got to watch a red fox go by at first light and we had a nice little spike horn come in at 07:30 but he was not quite quick enough to locate it and get him in the scope. He continues to walk never knowing we were there.

We had a wonderful outing with some lifelong memories. I was very pleased with his attention to safety.

Yesterday it was my turn, I will now have more time now to relax and guide the young fella. :lol:

Sixguns

20171028_110419.jpg

The highlight of the day was when my youngest daughter shot her 1st ever! A nice little 6pt, 1 shot at 85yrds and dropped in his tracks. She was so excited. 

It is so rewarding to see our children and grandchildren have success and a share in the joys of our outdoor hobbies and passions. 

Sixguns

16804.jpeg

Very cool looks like you will have plenty of venison around. I am excited to get my boy out next season 

Great work guys ! The youngsters are the future of the sports we love.

WELL DONE everyone, that includes the Grandpa's too! Great to see the success and the happy smiles.