Maine Fly Fish
OmarLittle

Pike in Fall

i know Pike move into shallow water for spawning just before and after ice out. Anyone know what their activity is like in late fall? Would like to target them in the Belgrade area and looking for any pointers or advice

I wonder the same thing I imagine they are trying to eat for winter!? I assume it just as good as springtime?

Pike are really a cold water species, they don't mind the colder temps, in fact they welcome them. As bait fish search for water pockets that offer the appropriate thermoregulation, pike can be extremely active in the fall if you can find the bait fish. Like McKay said, focus on weed bed edges, drop offs. Don't be afraid of shallow (like really shallow) water. Fall pike fishing can be a blast, but it can also seem like all the fish are dead. I'm sure you could find some willing takers in the belgrade area, just might have to do some searching before you get into them. I've found that white and perch colored bait fish patterns work well, but I would switch up often just to see what's working in your area.

Good luck 

I know pike like big gaudy looking flies.