Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
RAW

Nothing happening,big surf and big winds coming!

Surf is really big,and going to continue. Water temp is still very good. Really believe there will be spot areas that will produce Sunday-Tuesday ,Only reports I've gotten are nada last 4 days. 

I wasn't where there was any surf Wednesday, Portsmouth harbor. Just rain.

Four fat 17-18".

With the big bump in water flow coming down the rivers, you might find schoolies working below head of tide dams eating young of the year alewives.  Repeat of the spring action, only with smaller bait and smaller stripers.  

Probably too murky now, but could be good in a day or two.  Good alternative if the ocean is a weedy mess. 

3 hours ago, plecain said:

I wasn't where there was any surf Wednesday, Portsmouth harbor. Just rain.

Four fat 17-18".

great ,;)t hats seems to be migration point. ..KEEP FISHINGB)

YI put the flyrod aside and casted some plugs around basket and only caught little guys? 

Barbless but even so I hate to hurt them.  Them some Neanderthal will kill that fish to put it in his freezer only to throw it away  or some other Gould with a treble hook and a chunk bait will slam it on the deck of a boat  tear the hook out , throw it back to be food for crabs and lobsters . Everyone of you know know I'm speaking the truth . Like it or not .  Most everyone of you have more years to loose than me , please get involved and let your voice be heard . If you love. going out and catching the ultimate gamefish let your voice be heard . Join up with groups , Stripers Forever , ever or others or else all of you will in 5 or ten years  will be fishing for mackerel. Just because you may have had a good year by your thoughts , it sucked . Every one should have had  great days every day they went out . A good year was in the 90s .  There were were lots of big stripers everywhrere . I used to spend 12 or more ours out at a time just catching and releasing .  They. Were everywhere . Now you have to really work for them . 

People paying

All along the shoreline there were stripers hungry for a fly, now it's so different . I would be the only boat out there  , now the charter killers are out ther every day .  Paying to go out and expecting to come home with a fillet or two. There are not enough stripers to withstand this , us in Maine will feel it first . Like anything in nature the more off somthing there is it will. Spread . We. Are the the end of the line. Less of them will mean less for us Mainers  . Get involved guys .