Maine Fly Fish
sipowicz16

Freeze Up

You spreading the word on all social media and emailing friends and just coming will make this a great time

I look forward to seeing everyone, it's the only time I get to see everyone other than Eldredge's expo

Low temp projected to be -9 in Kennebunk Saturday night...the Freeze Up will live up to its name this year.

I was planning to drive up but the Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival is the next weekend so I opted for it.  I need to make some connections here in Virginia with the local fishermen.  Fly fishing is not a big sport around here so I need to meet other like minded people.

I'm always there, though I have to leave about 11:45 this year for my niece's birthday party. But I'm hoping we'll be done by then anyway because it is going to be C O L D.

We may get to a high of 12° on Sunday, but it is supposed to be -16° at 7:00 AM.  Gonna be a cold one... 

Hint to Kevin - Get that heater thawed out and going before Sunday morning ;) 

2 hours ago, Kevin McKay said:

wooohooooo only day away, bring the family! 

Getting me there will be enough of an effort. :huh::rolleyes::D

On 1/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, Kevin McKay said:

I bought a new heater to bring

plus maybe some could bring wood and maybe get a fire going?

You'll need to get a permit from the Fire Station for it. I'm not sure if they allow burning at Rogers Pond or not. I can look into it if you want, but they may not be open. They only grant permits for one-time fires on the day that the fire is going to happen.

25 minutes ago, Kevin McKay said:

Ask for forgiveness 

Except it could get us permanently banned from Rogers Pond. It's town land. I'll swing by the Fire Department in the morning to see if they're issuing permits.