Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Mainiac

What's the best way.....

... to rid my house of squirrels , humanly please?    (can't shoot 'em in town,too many neighbors)

Pellet gun. Decon. If they are in one area, mothballs sometimes make them leave, sometimes pushes them into other parts of the house. They can do serious damage to a house. If you want to be humane, havahart traps work too. Let them go over 10 miles away if you don't want them back.  

Mal

The first thing you have to do is find out how they are getting in and block that entry point when you get them out.  In fact bats which I have first hand knowledge with is another pest that the solution starts the same way. The squirrels are bushy tailed rodents and have no trouble at all in chewing a hole into the wall of a house if given the opportunity.  I have seen them using a porch roof to do just that. They can get into the wiring and burn the darn house down. 

The solution Dave gives is spot on. 

I am interested in the solution others may have as well.  Good luck!

Where you from boy? Eating the medicine I think they get high from, not very effective for us. Simple leg tarps work well, Cats work very well. I think maybe some bad a** pepper powder will make them uncomfortable to hang around. Plink im with pellets, but then will come back.

Fly type- Doesn't matter

Fly size- 5/0-6/0

Technique- A well placed roll cast

Once hooked quickly relocate to Ogunquit area.

Humanely you ask? Go barbless:)

• Like 1

Solution: Three large rat traps baited with shelled walnuts. (carcasses went out in trash)

• Like 1

What happened to the “humane” part of that haha :lol:  They can do some very serious damage, glad you were successful :) 

On 31.12.2017 at 5:44 PM, Water Rat said:

What happened to the “humane” part of that haha :lol:  They can do some very serious damage, glad you were successful :) 

agree with you