Maine Fly Fish
Mainiac

Reminds me of the early seventies....

... outside this morning. -6 here in the "Hood". High today of 6 degrees with a twenty mile an hour wind. Brrr....... but just like it used to be back then. Buck up boys !  This cold will freeze the lakes solid and allow for early ice fishing.

Remember,"if you can't take the wintah, you don't deserve the summah ! "

Be a good day to be wading the beach........ bet you knees wouldn’t hurt lol probably wouldn’t feel much from the waste down. On a side note couple places are froze over enough to fish out my way. 

In my journey yesterday there were guys fishing a pond along rte17 in Rockport. Winter has arrived!

- 16 in the "Hood" this morning ! Mustah been some friggin' nippy up around Rangely or Jackman  !

Warning.....old man story....

I'm not sure if it was in the late 60's or early 70's, but we had a stretch of weather that never got above 0 (zero) during the day and  was in the -20 to -25 range every night. As I remember it, that lasted for 12 or 13 days straight. It didn't quite make a full two weeks. I think my father was glad when it finally warmed up so the furnace didn't run constantly. 

Yeah, I took a walk this morning. It was -13. My eyelashes were caked up with ice when I got back and I had to take my glasses off because they fogged up and then immediately froze.

Great time to watch the Pats, mix up a nice beverage and tie up a dozen or so magic flies.  I'll go ice fishing once in awhile but with weather like this I'm dreaming of June top water action

1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Working outside in this sucks.

Yep. I was on top of a steeple today. What fun.

22 minutes ago, Kevin McKay said:

I work out In it every day:angry:

Ditto