Maine Fly Fish
Kevin McKay

Some changes for 2018

I have to buy a new jet boat, the old one has been good to me 10 plus years but engine needs $8000 worth of work so it time

im looking at two companies 

G3 and Stealthcraft which is set up for the fly fisherman 

IMG_5569.PNG

IMG_5612.PNG

The g3 does look cool but I would have to modify it a lot

the stealth craft has leaning post with pedestal seats and storage for 7 fly rods, Id have to ad all that to g3 plus fly lines will get caught by motor but I am at mercy of the dealers now, just waiting

I know a couple of people with the Stealthcraft who love it.  Definitely a serious boat.  I'm looking at Stealthcraft's Hooligan raft this year for some really out of the way crap.

I couldn't get bank to release money for the stealth craft because the boat doesn't exist yet, so I was back to my original boat the G3

after searching the web I found a hold over 2017 G3 CCJ with a 115 four stroke for $6000 less than the  stealth and $4000 less than a 2018 G3 and I do not have to wait for a boat to be built and will have it at the end of the month, it in PA, so I will grab it when I go to the New Jersey show. This will give me time to hopefully customize some things on it

The business has really taken off in the last few years, with the new camp and bunkhouse and new boat, I think it adds a little different feel to the business

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 5.41.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 5.46.13 AM.png

When I looked at G3 boats on the Susquehanna River, I loved the model that was designed for jet engines. Lots of room, storage and seemed ideal for fly fishing.

Nice! I would have said the Stealthcraft just from looking (since I know nothing about boats), but you're decision was made for you. But it looks like you're getting a nice boat anyway! Congrats!

FWIW, I like a boat that I can move around in.  The G3 looks to have a bigger foot print and roomier look to it, so I would have picked that anyway.  It sounds like it's a great deal.  Good luck with it.