Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin McKay

if you could would you?

Nope. Plenty of really good public access water around Jackson Hole if you know the area. Also, I am about $199,999 short in the fishing fund. 

Ron

:D    Agreed SLC Ron, a little too pricey to wet a line for me...

Naaa............ i'll be good.

Now that's some stupid stuff right there.

If I was stupid rich I would do the same damn thing! People have private stocked quarries and ponds anyway. I personally know 2 people. I would rather have an aquarium like cabelas or llbean tho.

Honestly, if i had the cash, I would spend it on seeing more places that are less touched by man, rather than putting more of man’s touch on places. 

However, my approach is selfish, the work that these places are funding is making an improvement that potentially can be enjoyed for much longer than a fleeting experience. 

I sort of fall in a similar boat as TGIF. If I had that type of disposable income, I'd be fishing the same waters I do now and donating that money to groups that protect watersheds and the surrounding habitat; however, I'd always rather my money go to a non profit or something rather than what seems to be an expensive lodge that makes it easy for business suits to take their yearly Instagram pic to let everyone know that they're a serious "fly fisher."

"Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different. ”

F. Scott Fitzgerald, 1926