Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin McKay

food?

Home made breakfast sandwiches from Berrys' general store in West Forks on the way out in the morning. Bourbon on the way home , so long as my buddy is driving!!

Ron

Usually something quick as to not waste fishing time. My favorite quick lunch is a can of sardines and some saltines.

If I'm just fishing I agree with Mainiac, something quick to maximize time on the water.  When camping usually breakfast sandwiches in the morning and something like burgers on the camp grill in the evening.  If I am feeling ambitious I'll cook a meal in the dutch oven.

Mornings, something quick want to get on the water ASAP. Lunch is a sandwich, gatorade and maybe some other snack food. After the sun is down and we are back at the camper it's usually something on the grill. Marinated sirloin tips are tasty. Maybe a beer if someone remembers to bring it.

Quick breakfast , lunch on the run, huge meal and beverages once we get off the water and that's usually past dark.  Lots of Dutch oven stuff and big cast iron skillet to feed the crew.  Hurry up spring!

We eat steaks, lobsters, duck, lamb etc. After many years on the river we've taken the time to write a book. It's titled "How to survive in the Maine woods on $400 a day". Filled with recipes, stories, and cocktail ideas. Available for $59.95 plus shipping (it's big) from EATME.com. Supplies are limited. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, dryflie said:

We eat steaks, lobsters, duck, lamb etc. After many years on the river we've taken the time to write a book. It's titled "How to survive in the Maine woods on $400 a day". Filled with recipes, stories, and cocktail ideas. Available for $59.95 plus shipping (it's big) from EATME.com. Supplies are limited. 

Do you have room for one more?

Ron

Breakfast Burritos in the morning and then a sandwich for lunch and something substantial for dinner. Steaks or chicken or going to get pizza. If I’m in Colorado I’ll find a Sonics on the drive home. 

7 minutes ago, Jumbo John said:

Anything cooked at the W.B.

We cook every lobster we catch. 

Seriously we eat very very well up there. Lots of the seasonals are great cooks and several are actually lobstermen. Neither one of them eats lobster. We have a canadian with a big a** BBQ/Smoker rig who does everything from ribs to lamb. Way too damn much food up there.