Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Tim D

Mouse

Was watching a show on fishing in Labrador and they were HAMMERING brookies on mice patterns. First attempt so certainly need to work on it. 

Mouse.jpg

Looks good to me. I'm sure being the one that tied it you know places that can be improved, but I bet it will just fine.

Deer hair and I don't get along so all my mice are store bought!

Nice job Tim. I've tried mouse flies for big browns on the Conneticut river. Didn't get anything though.

Nice mouse fly!

I love mice patterns it's so exciting to see a big sea run brookie going for the kill!!

That looks very good for a first run at it, they will get better with each tie. Hope you catch a whopper with it.

Sixguns

I love fishing mouse flys, I tied all mine with a foam back to float it, a lot easier than spinning hair and looks cleaner to me. I use the master splinter and mini mouse patterns. I haven’t caught any big trout with them yet, but several in the 8-12” range. Of course the bass love them. 

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/the-lateral-line/how-to-tie-the-master-splinter-mouse-fly

http://thefiberglassmanifesto.blogspot.com/2016/05/panther-branch-bugs-minnie-mouse.html?m=1

Looks good to me. I'm with Arrowflinger though, that deer hair kills me so I also get them when they are on sale. Nothing like watching a Brookie attack one.