Maine Fly Fish
Mainiac

Beautiful coastal Maine in spring...........

........... and it's 28 ****in' degrees. It's alternating between snow and freezing drizzle !  Man, this stuff is really getting old. The ocean ain't warmin' and it can't be much fun fishin' the freshwater either.

enhance

C'mon summah !!!!!

I hear you, here in western Maine it's been a lovely mix of sleet and freezing rain cars are covered in ice, and outside of Wednesday it's a week of cold rain. The peeper's came out last Thursday for crying out loud.

Woke up this morning to the sound of a snow plow on the road by my house. 

About an inch of ice/snow/slush on the road.

The two fresh water streams I tried late last week were at 39°. Not much action there yet.

The peepers last week were so loud it sounded like some kind of machinery in the swamps around the house. Didn't hear any last night.

I found it perfect weather......to stay inside and watch the Bruins and Celtics playoff games. 

Fingers crossed things warm up a bit this week - taking our little guy to his first running of the Kenduskeag Stream Canoe race in Bangor.  Would prefer he isn't bundled like the younger brother in "A Christmas Story, " which is exactly the way his mother will have him if the weather doesn't break. 

Love that canoe race!  Have done it several times but would love to go up as a spectator and enjoy the vibe from the shore. Should warm up some by Saturday . Hope he has a great time 

Thanks Searsport - having grown up in Bangor, I was there nearly every year as a kid.  A canoe race is such a simple thing but as you mentioned it creates such a great community vibe.  Though he's only 6 months, I had to have him "experience" it in his first year of life.  A close friend, with whom I grew up as neighbors, is coming up from MA and bringing his daughter so she can experience it for the first time as well. 

appears it will be close to 60 degrees in Bangor Sunday so I'll sneak a few casts in during the morning hours before the return trip.