Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop

Flies for Kids

Folks, I’d like you to meet Hardison, the 2018 winner of the Flies for Kids raffle. He is proudly holding his brand new Echo Gecko fly rod.  I’ll let the picture speak for itself.

I’d like to give a special thanks to all of the fly tiers from around this great country who selflessly donated flies to this event so that money could be raised to buy fly tying kits for kids. These fly tiers are the backbone to Flies for Kids, without their generous donation of flies this event would never happen.

Thank you to everyone who purchased raffle tickets. The money that you spent is as much a donation to the kids as it is a chance to win all of the flies. Your donation helps start kids on a path to experiencing the wonder and beauty of the great outdoors through fly fishing. Nowadays, that is no small accomplishment.    

Thank you also to Wapsi for giving us a discount on their fly tying kits that we hand out to kids and to Cliff Outdoors for donating a Bugger Beast fly box to put the donated flies into.

Cheers to you all!

jim

Hardison 2018 FFK winner.jpg

I would be so stoked to be that kid lol. That awesome to see, he will be a legend in a few years showing us all how it’s done. Congrats little man

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Killer! Nice to put a face to the winner. He'll get those arms strong really quick if he starts by fishing the flies in the first bugger box, 1st row and middle row.;)

If one picture is worth a thousand words that photo speaks volumes! Congrats to Hardison. Happy fishing.