Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
arrowflinger

Stripers watch out

Headed for the coast tomorrow for some fishing and R&R. 

Not sure I’ll get up to  the secret spots in Mal’s area. 

Looking forward to some fun fishing on what appears to be good weather.

Have at 'em my friend !

It’s gotten much better then when you were here last enjoy

Best of luck to you.   Traveling that distance I hope you get into some great fishing!

Where are you headed to? I will be out on Saturday at some point in the southern Maine area if you want to fish.  

Saturday James and I have a hot date to go catch fish. 

I do appreciate the offer though.

I’m headed somewhere tomorrow morning. Some place there is fish. I hope.

Tried a beach early this afternoon and all I got was chewed up sea weed. BUT, enjoyed being out there. Headed out again soon

Let's keep our fingers crossed for sun no clouds and glassy water, but we're gonna have fun regardless.

IMG_7075.thumb.JPG.1ee9e054fa2e039de42f5ca44827683c.JPG

those are all keepahs bub 

Yes we will!B)

2 hours ago, arrowflinger said:

Saturday James and I have a hot date to go catch fish. 

I do appreciate the offer though.

I’m headed somewhere tomorrow morning. Some place there is fish. I hope.

Tried a beach early this afternoon and all I got was chewed up sea weed. BUT, enjoyed being out there. Headed out again soon

Very nice! No doubt James will get you on the fish as you can see from the picture haha. Good luck!

Didn’t get skunked today (Friday A.M.)but there won’t be any trophies on the wall either. 

I would try the marsh or out front on the beaches both have been producing sizable fish. Not sure where you were. How long are you here for?

By shear chance met up with RAW(Bob) and Mcgregor956 tonight fishing. We had a good chat, caught fish and enjoyed a beautiful evening. Thanks guys it was fun. Who would have thunk we would ever end up in the same place?

That’s a good area for sure it’s always fun to bump into fellow members 

43 minutes ago, arrowflinger said:

By shear chance met up with RAW(Bob) and Mcgregor956 tonight fishing. We had a good chat, caught fish and enjoyed a beautiful evening. Thanks guys it was fun. Who would have thunk we would ever end up in the same place?

Yes it was pretty awesome. I fished about another hour and a half after you and Bob left. I did some walking and got into some fish that were a little bigger. The biggest was a 18-20" fatty that peeled quite a bit of line. 

:D Nice!

The following photo has been approved for all viewing audiences.

A great day of fishing! Close to a big one but some little dink snatched the fly from it. This fish was my biggest. Breaking trout fishing habits is tough. After a short power nap and some food I hit the river again. Caught several schoolies missed a bunch more. Really need more practice. Now it’s back home to chase trout. It was great to meet all the forum members on my trips to the coast. Thanks for the help and sharing some fine days of fish. Hope you all have a great summer and good luck getting the big one.

414F2BFB-4644-486D-A8CC-F61B8C8C98E3.jpeg

Dave that’s a good one. Glad you got into some fish. Fishing with James must be a blast. 

Beauty ! 

That is a very nice fish Dave. It was great running into you. Glad you got into some fish. Makes the trip worth it for sure.

Thanks again Dave, you're a good guy with a most excellent attitude, and I really enjoy our trips.  Strip setting can be a challenge for lifelong freshwater fisherman, but you know what you need to do, just takes time to make it a reaction. And hey a 25" fish is a good one, great fight in them, but I know it's tough when you can see cows right there, gets your heart pumping for sure!  Glad you had a good session last night and safe travels on your way home!

Mid twenties to mid thirties I feel fight really well. Once you learn to strip set properly it becomes second nature. Stripers are so much fun

9 hours ago, theflyguy said:

Dave that’s a good one. Glad you got into some fish. Fishing with James must be a blast. 

YES it is!

We have a good time and some good laughs. I always learn new stuff. I had a great time and that was a beautiful fish. Can’t ask for much more. Did pretty well on my own too. Gotta tell ya, on the way home I was already thinking about next year.

Now I’m home the lawn needs mowing etc etc. Oh and pick up the trash a big bear decided to spread around . The neighbor told me he was 300 pounds plus. Not sure how accurate he is but the take away is, there’s a big bear around.