Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
James Browne

40 on the 4th

Yeehaw happy Fourth of July!

IMG_7260.JPG.e6f2738f55104bd30c0cff254802d256.JPG

got my third 40" of the year, and a 38, 37, 35 and pile of keepahs and schoolies.  Definitely a fun morning with beautiful weather.  Pogies for miles we are in for some fun!

Your killing me James lol. Great fish and happy 4th

Kind of sounds like an awesome 4th.

Nice fish!

James you are slaying them. Nice fish! I hit the water this morning and managed only one fish even though there were tons around chasing bait.

Beauty James. You've got them pretty well figured.

Pogies for miles....That's got my pulse up.  Perhaps some bluefish to follow....

Well played on those big fish, too!

Thanks gentleman! I've definitely put my time in, but feel blessed to be on a roll here, hooked another one right around 40 today, also hooked a freak in the 50s. Both broke me off, honestly I panicked a little when I saw the 50 eat, don't catch them making mistakes often.  She turned it around on me real quick though.  

7 hours ago, Aldo said:

Pogies for miles....That's got my pulse up.  Perhaps some bluefish to follow....

Well played on those big fish, too!

Thank you!  Lots of big fish around this year and too many thirty something's and keepahs to count, it almost feels like the good days late 90s/early 2000s. Hooked what looked and felt like a big blue today cut me off clean on 20#fluoro!  

I was wondering about blues. Last year there was a fair amount of talk about them being around. This year it has been radio silence. So I was wondering if they were around. Sounds like maybe.:ph34r::D

15 hours ago, arrowflinger said:

I was wondering about blues. Last year there was a fair amount of talk about them being around. This year it has been radio silence. So I was wondering if they were around. Sounds like maybe.:ph34r::D

Even after that fish yesterday I didn't switch to wire.  I still have very little faith they will show in numbers.  The stage is set though so we will see!  I'd love it if they would show, I'm a fiend for Bluefish on the fly.

Haven’t hooked a blue since 2014....... man that would be sweet if they showed 

Only Blues I've caught were in Jersey. Landed one 30"+, most exciting fight I've ever had with a fish! One can only hope... Maybe I'll start carrying a little wire with me :rolleyes:

Another awesome fish.... you've set the bar really high. maybe too high :lol: It takes a lot people a lot of years to catch that many big fish. Keep 'em coming.

17 hours ago, simke said:

Another awesome fish.... you've set the bar really high. maybe too high :lol: It takes a lot people a lot of years to catch that many big fish. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks bud!  Going for Tuna tomorrow fingers crossed we find fish on top...

Good luck. Take pictures.

Sweet good luck hope you get into some

Jesus... you’ve taken this striper fishing thing to a whole new level! Congrats and thanks for sharing your success with us. It keeps us all believing that big ones are around :)!

He may just be the “Striper Whisperer”.:lol:

On 7/7/2018 at 11:36 PM, alas said:

Jesus... you’ve taken this striper fishing thing to a whole new level! Congrats and thanks for sharing your success with us. It keeps us all believing that big ones are around :)!

Thanks buddy!  I really appreciate that.  I've been accused many times of gloating or showing off, but that's not why I post this stuff.  Two reasons I do it are #1 to build my guide business and #2 exactly what you said, to encourage people to believe that they're out there and you can catch them!

cheers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arrowflinger said:

He may just be the “Striper Whisperer”.:lol:

Nah, back when those forties were only schoolies I paid em off to keep eating my flies lol :lol::D

thanks Dave

On 7/7/2018 at 5:04 PM, theflyguy said:

Sweet good luck hope you get into some

Saw one fish busting, easy estimate 300#+++++.  Got a shot at it with spin gear but no love.  Then we hit Jeffries and several other spots with bait but also no love.  Tuna are tough, I've put in a lot of time and caught plenty on gear, but just gotta keep putting in more time to get that fly fish

2 hours ago, James Browne said:

Nah, back when those forties were only schoolies I paid em off to keep eating my flies 

Aaaaha! I knew it!!;):lol::lol:

Thanks for posting an occasional picture, cuz it does give me hope. It also makes me a little crazy knowing I gotta wait until next year. But hey, a boy has to have a dream and time to tie some saltwater flies.