Maine Fly Fish
Sign in to follow this  
Mainiac

Here's the deal.......................

............I'm off Monday thru Thursday next week. I'll be out each morning until noonish. Recent reports (like five minutes ago) put large schools of small stripers moving down the coast. These will be followed by the moderate sized fish this coming week. I expect the fishing to be very good. Anybody wants to come with me by all means contact me by Sunday.

I'll be concentrating on the beaches and smaller outflows. Figure on intermediate lines and small to medium sized baitfish imitations. unless sandeels are the chosen bait then flatwings on floaters will be called for.

This could very well be the best week to fish since mid June. get out if you can.

• Like 2

No takers ?

We have never met but it would be great to fish with someone on Monday. What time are you going to start?

I'll be starting at 0600. Most probably at a protected beach. Open ocean beaches are a little sketchy lately. Seas have been running about four feet which makes for interesting wading. I've had reports of large schools of stripers moving along the beaches recently.

You want to fish with me give me a call. 

six hours one 15" fish. Ya...............................

About the same on Saturday for me. Fewer hours, though, only 3.

4 hours and one mackerel for me, but it was a hot fish hahahaha.

it was nice to meet you Mainiac. Tough day but it was good to fish with someone and learn a few things. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and last day of fishing for me this year.

Even though I only fished a fraction of the time I usually do, this was by far the worst striper season for me, evah !!! :huh:

They just seemed to disappear from my local waters about mid July. Same thing last year. Why ?  don't have a clue. This is two years in a row though. Hope it's not a trend.:unsure:

As for a fall run, I'm afraid that that is a thing of the past.:(

Hate to say this, but I might have to take up bass fishing.:lol:

Happy birthday, Mal.

I have only a short time fishing for stripers.

I felt fortunate that when I took my grandson striper fishing in early August he caught two fish.

I think I've only caught about a 1/2 dozen since.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:31 PM, Mainiac said:

No takers ?

Sorry, was out of town for the weekend and have to work today through Thursday otherwise, I would have likely taken you up on the offer.   I hope that the change in fall run breaks after this season - I used to have a blast working the topwater for them this time of year.

Happy birthday.

Happy Birthday, Mal!  We appreciate all your posts, comments, and advice.

Mal,

Hope you had a good birthday.

Good luck with the white tails.

I’ve been out a few times with my bow and haven’t seen a Hair. I come home and the wife says there have been deer in the driveway:rolleyes:

Thanks again for our spring striper outings. Maybe we could get together next spring if you’re interested.

Hope everyone has a great fall, my favorite time of year.